RAW Key Lime Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (raw, unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for about 30 minutes)
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut water (or plain)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil/butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- (1/2 teaspoon of spirulina if you want a more vibrant green)
For the crust:
- Put the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbly and sticking together a bit.
- Dump the contents into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan and press down until the entire bottom is evenly covered.
- Place in freezer until you are ready to pour the filling on top.
For the filling:
- Place everything save the coconut, vanilla, and salt into a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is incorporated, but do not over blend.
- Pour the filling atop the crust and then place the pie into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Move to the frig and keep there until ready to eat.
I noticed that it got tastier as time passed. The next day and even the second day it was best, though I doubt you can wait that long.
It is so sweet and creamy and soft with just the right amount of lime-y taste. Divine. I could eat the entire thing in one sitting.