Rye Essene Bread
- 1 cup rye seeds (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup barley (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Soak the rye and barley overnight and then rinse and drain thoroughly the next day.
- Put everything but the caraway seeds into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread the batter on a Teflex sheet and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Dehydrate at 104 for 5-7 hours.
- Score into whatever shapes and sizes you like (I typically do two lines down each side creating 9 squares).
- Carefully flip onto a mesh sheet and peel the liner off and dehydrate for another 3-4 hours, until crisp.
Spread your favorite guacamole on top, slice some tomatoes, and add some avocado. SO easy and so rad. You could put any of your favorite toppings on this open face sandwich and it would be a total kill.