Cayenne Cacao Goodies
- 7 medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 (heaping) tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup goji berries, ground up in blender (or goji powder)
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon spirulina
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (seeds scraped from a bean)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Soak the dates in water for 20 minutes.
- While soaking, blend goji berries into a powder in the blender and then place in bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the dates.
- Run the pitted and soaked dates in a food processor with about 2 tablespoons of water until a paste forms.
- Remove the paste and combine it with the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Once everything is mixed scoop out balls and place on wax paper.
- Place in freezer to set. If the mixture is too wet you can continue to add cacao powder by the teaspoon until it is scoop-able.
I like to store them in the freezer and eat whenever I'm craving something rich and delicious. They don't get hard because of the coconut oil and dates so it is a perfect indulgent snack.